A Goomba's life Ep 3 A Goomba's life Ep 3

Pretty much the same problems as the last two movies. I left a more detailed review on episode 2. From the time the two main characters go to the castle and on the movie was zoomed out more appropriately. I think you should keep around that far zoomed out for all of the movie so i don't feel so close. The story seems to progress really slowly. Dialogue drags on and really should be cut more. Writing and voice acting is average. The background animations should be lower. The bushes are having really distracting seizures that should be slowed up.

A Goomba's Life - Ep 2 A Goomba's Life - Ep 2

I just finished watching the first and now this episode. There are a lot of things that could be improved. The voice for tails is extremely annoying. Its ok to give a character that's supposed to be hated an annoying voice, but not when he's getting this much dialogue. The dialogue itself is really just average writing. The jokes were highly dependent on references to other shows, games, or movies, but they weren't all that funny. However, i literally laughed out loud at the "poof" and the (hopefully) intentionally poor quality of the sound effect. That joke wasn't referencing something else and was probably the funniest part of the whole thing. It was actually the only thing i thought was funny in the first two episodes.

A lot of the animation could use some work as well. I know it's hard to focus when animating a 7 minute long flash but it really makes the whole thing unappealing. Since it's sprites you don't have to lip sync perfectly but you are only using an open and closed for all the mouths. At the very least do a loop of different mouth movements so it at least has a comedic effect. You should zoom out a little bit for all of the movie and slightly more when there is any sort of action happening. Some movement was slow too. I'm going to watch the next one and look for improvements.

Castlevania: Nonstop Fate Castlevania: Nonstop Fate

Great animation

This is a good example of how sprite animation can be fluid. Although the animation was smooth, the story was lacking. I dont know if "die monster" was supposed to be a joke since it was pretty much all he said, but i thought it was funny. There are a few typos in it as well. I think you spelled pile wrong at the beggining as well as hole instead of whole at the end. The end seemed a little lazy and rushed to be honest. Also instead of the right click play thing, go to the downloads section here on newgrounds and download a preloader. It will automatically put a loading screen and play button for you.

Night of the Redead Night of the Redead

Beautiful

Its gives a sad but brilliant backstory to the girl of the windmill in majora's mask, One of my favorite games.

EASTBEAST responds:

Thanks. I wouldn't call it an official backstory though, just a fan piece :) Thanks for the review :)

Batman: Bright Day Batman: Bright Day

funny..

But that was the extent of it. I really wish there had been at least a little movement in the characters. The art was great but the animation was limited to the mouths. It was funny though so thats worth alot.

Teh Dot Trilogy: Collab Teh Dot Trilogy: Collab

meh

The only good parts were The first and last. It seems that your idea was start it off with a good impression and end with one. That would have worked if all of the other parts pretty much sucked. Being that you are working with lines you should have been a little more creative. I liked the idea of the lines becoming drawings but i want to seem them animated after that, I don't just want to see how to draw some random shape.

Matt2k8 responds:

Okay, thank you anyway ;)

Snake's box Snake's box

Awesome

I don't judge on length unless the joke needed more time to be developed. The quality of the animation is what should be judged. The reason i'm not giving you a 10 is because the guards walk was kind of choppy and the grass wasn't that great. The joke and the timing was perfect though. Don't let the low score get you down, you have some talent.

War, Snow and Fire War, Snow and Fire

Awesome

I was watching the street fighter collab and noticed that it got daily second. I was confused on how something could have beaten something so epic. When i saw this my mind was instantly changed. You had a nice animation style and a great story. Good job.

Master Chief Vs. Cortana Master Chief Vs. Cortana

not funny

You need a better voice actor than yourself. No offense but your voice is too high for master chief's. You actually had a great voice for cortana though. it reminded me of navi's voice from "the real legend of zelda" but the movie kind of sucked.

St. Patties St. Patties

Great

I saw this cause you used my song. ( thanks) I've watched it everyday since I just love the style of animation and the humor. Favorite'd.